4/3/13

vi editor commands

To locate instances of particular sets of characters (or strings), use the following commands.

/string       search forward for occurrence of string in text
?string      search backward for occurrence of string in text
n               move to next occurrence of search string
N              move to next occurrence of search string in opposite direction
u               undo
U              undo all the changes

Replace
------------
:%s/oldword/newword/g
:%s/^M//g                           ----  to replace control-m characters (press ctrl-v& ctrl-m )

look for special characters:
---------------------------------
:set list

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there are using Wordpress for your site platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up
my own. Do you need any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my website http://onlinehomecareerssite.com

Anonymous said...

Hello my family member! Ι ωant to say that this artіcle іs amazing, nice wгitten
аnԁ includе almost all vital infoѕ.
I'd like to peer extra posts like this . http://dev.groupaya.net

Post a Comment